Erica Ranzato is a PhD student at Institute of Education, UCL. Her research focuses on how mathematical abilities vary and develop in individuals with neurodevelopmental disorders – such as Down Syndrome, Autism Spectrum Disorders and Williams Syndrome – with a focus on primary school children.
She collaborates with different research groups such as the Child Development and Learning Difficulties lab (Dr Jo Van Herwegen, UCL) and the Mathematical Cognition group at UCL.
- Ranzato, E., Tolmie, A., & Van Herwegen, J. (2020). Perceptual subitizing and conceptual subitizing in Williams syndrome and Down syndrome: Insights from eye movements. Research in Developmental Disabilities, 106, 103746.
- Van Herwegen, J., Ranzato, E., Karmiloff-Smith, A., and Simms, V. (2020) The foundations of mathematical development in Williams syndrome and Down syndrome. Journal of applied research in intellectual disabilities.
- Simms, V., Karmiloff-Smith, A., Ranzato, E., & Van Herwegen, J. (2020). Understanding Number Line Estimation in Williams Syndrome and Down Syndrome. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 50(2), 583.
- Van Herwegen, J., Ranzato, E., Karmiloff-Smith, A., & Simms, V. (2019). Eye movement patterns and approximate number sense task performance in Williams syndrome and Down syndrome: A developmental perspective. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 49, 4030–4038.
- Ranzato E. (2019). Home Numeracy Environment of children with Down syndrome. Down Syndrome Research Forum. London, September 16-17, 2019.
- Ranzato E. (2019). Mathematical abilities in Autism Spectrum Disorders. Neurodevelopmental Disorders Annual Conference. Surrey University, UK. 20 June, 2019.
- Ranzato E. (2018). Counting and subitizing abilities in Williams syndrome and Down syndrome: Evidence from eye tracking. European Conference on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. Padua, June 28-30, 2018.
- Ranzato E. (2017). Development of mathematical abilities in ASD. The Seattle Club annual conference on intellectual and developmental disabilities. Durham University, December 18-19, 2017.
- Ranzato E. (2017). Building a foundation to develop an intervention to remediate humour comprehension deficits in Down syndrome. Down Syndrome Research Forum. Hatfield, September 19-20, 2017.
- Ranzato E. (2017). Counting abilities in Williams syndrome and Down syndrome. Neurodevelopmental Disorders Annual Seminar. London, June 29-30, 2017.
- Ranzato E. (2016). Number development in ASD. Poster presented at Workshop on Domain-General and Domain-Specific Foundation of Numerical and Arithmetic Processing. University of Tubingën, September 28-30, 2016.